Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cooking Experiment- Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie

Chicken Alfredo Pot Pie

Ingredients:
1 tube refrigerated breadstick dough
my alfredo recipe (or a 16oz jar of alfredo with 2 cups of milk)
2 cup frozen green beans, thawed
2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
3 cups cooked cut in 1/2 inch cubed chicken
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp. dried tyme leaves
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In large saucepan, combine sauce, vegetables, and chicken. Bring to boil stirring frequently
Combine Parmesan Cheese and seasonings in a small bowl.
Unroll breadstick dough and make 12 strips. Cut each strip in half and twist each strip and roll in the seasonings mix.
Pour chicken mix into a 13X9" glass baking dish and top with the twisted breadsticks.
Sprinkle with any remaining cheese mix.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until breadsticks are golden brown.

Total cook time is 50 minutes.

Makes 6 servings

*my changes
since I didnt have enough of the veggies that were listed... I made sure I had 5 cups of veggies but I added broccoli to make up the missing cup I had.

*my comments
I made this for the household of six and still had leftovers. Out of the six of us that did try this four enjoyed it. My little sister said that the best part is the bread stick topping!

No comments:

Veggie fried rice

Let's just say life has gotten busy. Fried rice! Ingredients 1/4 package of tofu, cubed 2 tablespoons of diced onion 1 clove of gar...